You don’t have to fish to enjoy the Fishtival! Bring the whole family, and while your angler casts around City Park, you can catch a good time at the Fishtival. There will be a DJ playing music, special activities for children, great raffles, a host of educational exhibitors, and new and used fishing gear for sale at great prices! The Fishtival highlights many of the state’s fishing resources with interactive demonstrations and information.
When: Saturday, March 25th, 2016 from 9 am to noon.
Where: Near Popp Bandstand and the Casino Building (Morning Call Café)
Activities for children:
• Visit Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries mobile touch tank—touch aquatic critters
• Casting contest for ages 15 and under
• Make your own fish prints
• Play with “Coastie” the little tugboat from the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Raffles, Exhibitors, Vendors and More!
• $1 raffles for kayak, fishing gear, restaurant certificates, and a variety of gifts
• Mardi Gras toss of free fishing lures at the start of the Awards Ceremony
• Buy a Big Bass Rodeo t-shirt
• Ecology, conservation, wildlife, boating exhibitors
• Local artists with unique gifts
2017 Exhibitors and Vendors:
Ernie Elfer Chocolatier
Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation
Louisiana Department of Natural Resources
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Louisiana Wildlife Federation
New Orleans Fly Fishers
UNO, Nekton Research Lab
Wish to Fish Louisiana
U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary (Coastie)
Fishing Flea Market:
Buy used fishing tackle! Visit the Wish to Fish tent and find used and new fishing gear at really good deals. Rods, reels, and who knows what you might find! All proceeds go to Wish to Fish Louisiana. Come make a donation and help support a program that gets youth away from television and video games and back into the great outdoors. For more information on Wish to Fish Louisiana go to wishtofish.org or give us a call at 504-628-7282.