Field Trips at the Botanical Garden
The New Orleans Botanical Garden offers students and educators a wonderful opportunity to explore the natural world through educational classes.
• Two (2) week advanced registration required. See each program for class fee, class size and other information. If you have trouble registering by phone, e-mail email@example.com.
• We will fax or e-mail field trip confirmation and guidelines to your school.
• All groups meet at the entrance of the New Orleans Botanical Garden on Victory Avenue.
• Payment can be made by check to NOBG. Please write “School tours” in the memo line.
• Pay at the gift shop upon arrival.
• Tours can be re-scheduled due to rain.
If you need to cancel, please contact us as soon as possible so we can contact groups on our waiting list.
No food or beverages are allowed in the Botanical Garden. There are shaded picnic and playground areas throughout City Park.
Click here for other field trip opportunities at City Park.
Bring your class to the New Orleans Botanical Garden and take a natural science tour both you and your students will enjoy! Our knowledgeable tour guides share interesting and amazing facts about the plants, animals, insects and living fossils encountered on a stroll through our garden and the Conservatory’s tropical rainforest.
To register, call (504) 483-9470 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. / (504) 483-9473 email: email@example.com
Age group: Kindergarten - 8th Grade
Tour fee: $4/student
Requirements: Free entry for chaperones (one per 8 students required).
Additional chaperones are $6/each.
Reservations are required two weeks in advance.
Tour times : Spring: March - May (Tuesday - Friday) at 10am or 11am
Fall: September - November (Tuesday - Friday) at 10am or 11am
The Benefits of Public Gardens
This walk-and-talk tour with the New Orleans Botanical Garden Education Director covers the importance of a botanical garden, arboretum and city park to a community. We guide students through various exhibits, buildings, and gardens that are vital to the goals of a public garden. This tour emphasizes the many career opportunities in public gardens and green spaces around the world.
To register, call (504) 483-9473 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Age group: 9th grade - university students Tour fee: $4/student; teachers free Tour time: 1.5 hours Requirements: Limited to 30 students per tour.