What you need to know:
- Last entry to event is 30 minutes prior to closing. Train tickets sales onsite will stop one hour before closing. At one hour before closing, visitors will not be able to get in the train line. This will also happen with other Amusement Park rides. Individual train tickets may be used in place of any single ride ticket for any other ride in the Amusement Park.
- What about parking? There is free parking near the event and also on Park streets. Click here for a map.
- Do you sell food and alcohol at the event? We do sell food and drinks (and spirits) inside the event so come hungry!
- Tickets? Buy your tickets in advance. If you do not buy your tickets in advance of attending the event, you will need to get in the ‘Ticket’ line at one of the two red ticket trailers on Victory Avenue.
- Where is the entrance to Celebration in the Oaks? There are two admission gates: the entrance to the Amusement Park and the entrance to the Botanical Garden - both on Victory Drive. If you are taking a taxi or using a GPS, use this address: 7 Victory Ave, New Orleans, LA 70124.
-Where can I find out information on the rides in the Amusement Park? How do I know if my child is tall enough for rides? Can my child sit in my lap? All good questions. Please click here for answers.
- There are 2 sections of Celebration in the Oaks:
1) The Amusement Park: Lights, Christmas tree lined walkways, Storyland, and 17 rides including the new Ladybug Roller Coaster, the antique wooden Carousel, and the train that takes guests for a 20 minute tour of the lights placed around the front of the Park.
2) The Botanical Garden: this is where visitors will see the majority of the beautiful lights. You’ll walk through half a million lights and see light installations such as The Cajun Night Before Christmas, the Dripping Snow Tree, Prancing Peacocks, and Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree with a karaoke Santa (plus more!).
- Individual ride tickets may be purchased on CelebrationInTheOaks.com but unlimited ride bands must be purchased at the ticket booth INSIDE Carousel Gardens.
- Do I have to pay admission to ride the train? Yes. Train tickets are $5/person in addition to the price to get into the event.
- Bathrooms are located: Oscar J. Tolmas Center; in the Amusement Park: between Parker’s Café and the Musik Express and also between the Ladybug Roller Coaster and Parker’s Pizza; in the Botanical Garden: near the entertainment tent and also in the Pavilion of the Two Sisters.
-There is nightly live entertainment by local schools and groups in the entertainment tent.
- Does Santa make an appearance at Celebration in the Oaks? You bet! Santa drops by the train gazebo every night of Celebration in the Oaks. Photo packages by Romaguera Photography are available for purchase. Click here for more info and a money saving coupon.
- Is there a wheelchair patrons may use? Yes, there is one at the front gate (first come, first served).
- May I bring my dog? No pets are allowed inside of the event.
- If you are looking for hotel information or information about other events in the city, please contact The New Orleans Conventions and Visitors Bureau at (800) 672-6124 or this link.
Have another question about Celebration in the Oaks? E-mail Julie at email@example.com.