New for the 2018 Season:
-Parker’s Station Reservation: a reservation system for the holiday train. Guests may upgrade their train ticket to purchase a reservation time to board the train. Guest using the Parker’s Station Reservation will not have to wait in the general admission line and can instead get a time to return and spend the time they would normally wait enjoying other parts of the event and return to the Parker’s Station Reservation line to board. the train ticket is $5/person and the upgrade for Parker's Station reservation is an additional $5/person. Get tickets here. This ticket isn't included in the Straight to the Gate package ticket.
- A special partnership with WVUE FOX 8: A live FOX 8 morning show from Celebration in the Oaks with an extra hour of fun this year: Nov. 30th from 5 am to 10 am. WVUE FOX 8 is the official media partner for Celebration in the Oaks.
- A special partnership with Hilton hotels of New Orleans: General Managers from area Hilton branded properties will judge the Christmas trees on Santa Claus Lane and award a $3000 cash prize to the winner. Hilton is the official hotel partner for Celebration in the Oaks. For a VIP Celebration in the Oaks experience, book the Papa Noel package at this link.
-Mutt Mondays: A special partnership with SPCA of Louisiana: 12/3, 10, 17 – Bring dogs with you to the Botanical Garden and use the SPCA photo booth to take fun holiday photos with your friends – human and canine.
-Yoga classes: 12/5,12,19 – Yoga under the Lights with April Dupre from Footprints to Fitness.
-Storytime in Storyland: 12/ 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18 from 6 pm to 7:30 pm kids can hear local authors read stories under the Storyland Castle
- Fountain of Joy in the New Orleans Botanical Garden
- Holiday Crawfish Boil with Mushrooms
- A streetcar added to the New Orleans scene on the train route
- An improved Victoria the Unicorn in Carousel Gardens Amusement Park – now she’s completely made of love and LED lights
- Heaux Heaux Heaux tree decorations in the trees along Victory Avenue
- A holiday village display in the New Orleans Botanical Garden Pavilion of the Two Sisters Annex
- Merry KISS-mas ‘kissing booth’ with mistletoe in the New Orleans Botanical Garden
-Christmas classics in Campfire Village: grab a seat at a picnic table and enjoy family fun Christmas classics projected on to a large screen
Favorites back again for the 2018 Season:
-Campfire Village in Carousel Gardens Amusement Park:
- ‘Snow Show’ each night of the event – great for photos!
- 'Merry Marshmallow Roasting' over an open fire
- 'Colossal Cotton Candy'