With guidance from appropriate governmental authorities New Orleans City Park will open some of its facilities.
Per the city of New Orleans, ordinance number sec.54-501, masks are required to be worn covering the nose and mouth for everyone over the age of 2 years old. Should visitors forget their masks at home, one will be provided for you. Visitors should continue good hygiene by washing their hands frequently and should social distance by putting at least 6 feet of space between themselves and another person. Those who live together may recreate together without social distancing but are still required to wear a mask. Only a person participating in personal outdoor recreation, such as running alone, is exempt from wearing a mask. Guests are asked to follow all CDC, state, and city recommended measures and to stay home if they are sick or have been exposed to Covid-19. Visit this link for more information.
City Park staff will follow appropriate protocols to ensure cleanliness and safety. Capacity at each attraction will be limited. For the safety of our staff, tickets will be sold online at NewOrleansCityPark.com.
Click here for information on open restrooms. Occationally bathrooms may be closed due to limted staffing.
For open facilities, there are no time-tickets. Currently, admission is limited. Purchase a ticket then line up following the stickers on the sidewalk outside the facility. As someone leaves someone new can enter. This is only the case should we reach mandated capacity.
City Park’s open spaces are accessible for passive recreation use only. Examples of Passive Solitary Recreation: walking a dog, walking, running, biking.
By law all dogs must be on a leash while in the Park but not inside the Dog Park. No contact sports are allowed even on rented fields.
Attractions and Facilities:
- Oscar J. Tolmas Visitor Center: Wed. 10am to 8pm and Thurs. – Sun. 10am to 4:30pm; 5 Victory Avenue. Bathrooms open 7am to 7pm.
-Train Rides: Sat. + Sun. 11am to 4pm Get details here.
- Bayou Oaks: Open Mon.– Fri. 7am to dark and Sat. & Sun. 6am to dark; clubhouse will close each day at 7pm; reservations made on CityParkGolf.com; limited admission; always check dates/times with Bayou Oaks specifically
- Sports Fields: Fields are available for rent; to rent a field contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wheel Fun boat and bike rentals on Big Lake: details on this link; limited admission
Playgrounds and Workout Pods:
- Storyland: Open Wed. – Sun. 10am to last entry at 4pm; limited admission; tickets on this link; limited admission
- Other Park playgrounds and work out pods are open.
New Orleans Botanical Garden:
- Open Wed. 10am to 8pm and Thurs.- Sun. 10am to 4:30pm; Wednesday is free entry for LA residents courtesy of The Helis Foundation; purchase tickets on this link; limited admission
Couturie Forest is open during daylight hours.
NOMA and the Besthoff Sculpture Garden - open - click here for details - - contact NOMA with questions
Louisiana Children's Museum - closed- click for details - contact LCM with questions
-Botanical Garden extended Wednesdays: Located in the Botanical Garden; Click here for details.
- Snoballs: open same hours as City Putt
- Filmore in the Oaks: Located inside Bayou Oaks clubhouse; details on this link
- Café Du Monde: open Sun - Thurs 8am to 11pm and Fri + Sat 8am to midnight
- Acorn: open: acornnola.com
If an attraction or facilities is not mentioned above it remains closed.
Large events remain canceled until further notice.