With guidance from appropriate governmental authorities New Orleans City Park will begin Phase I by opening some of its facilities.
City Park staff will follow appropriate protocols to ensure cleanliness and safety. Guests are asked to follow CDC, state, and city recommended social distance measures and to stay home if they are sick or have been exposed to Covid-19. Capacity at each attraction will be limited. For the safety of our staff, tickets will be sold online at NewOrleansCityPark.com. Bathrooms outside open attractions will remain closed.
Guests should always check neworleanscitypark.com for the latest information as things can change without warning.
For open facilities, there are no time-tickets. Currently, admission is limited. Only 25% occupancy will be allowed in at a time. Purchase a ticket then line up following the stickers on the sidewalk outside the facility. As someone leaves someone new can enter. We ask people to wear masks but are not requiring it.
City Park’s open spaces are accessible for passive solitary recreation use only. Most facilities and all bathrooms, playgrounds, work-out equipment areas are closed.
Social Distancing during Passive Solitary Recreation or in open facilities: remain 6+ feet away from another person. We ask guests to please wear masks.
Examples of Passive Solitary Recreation: walking a dog, walking, running, biking
No group activities are allowed. All dogs must be on a leash per the law. No contact sports are allowed even on rented fields.
Attractions and Facilities:
- Oscar J. Tolmas Visitor Center: Wed. 10am to 8pm and Thurs. – Sun. 10am to 4:30pm; 5 Victory Avenue
- Sports Fields: Fields are available for rent for non-contact sports only; to rent a field contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wheel Fun boat and bike rentals on Big Lake: Open Mon.-Fri. 10am to sunset and Sat. & Sun. 9am to sunset; details on this link; limited admission
- Storyland: Open Wed. – Sun. 10am to 4:30pm (last entry at 4pm); limited admission; tickets on this link; limited admission
- Other Park playgrounds will open over time and will be announced on Park website and social media.
New Orleans Botanical Garden:
- Open Wed. 10am to 8pm and Thurs.- Sun. 10am to 4:30pm; Wednesday is free entry for LA residents courtesy of The Helis Foundation; purchase tickets on this link; limited admission
Couturie Forest is open during daylight hours.
NOMA's Besthoff Sculpture Garden - open - click here for details
Louisiana Children's Museum - open - click for details
-Botanical Garden Brunch and extended Wednesdays: Located in the Botanical Garden; Click here for details.
- Snoballs: Located on the plaza between the Goldring/Woldenberg Great Lawn and City Putt; open Wed. – Sun. noon to 7pm
- Filmore in the Oaks: Located inside Bayou Oaks clubhouse; Open Mon. – Fri. 10am to 7pm and Sat. & Sun. 8am to 7pm, take-away only
- Café Du Monde: Open 7 days week, 8am to 8pm, take-away only
- Acorn: Open Thurs. & Fri 11:30am and Sat. & Sun. 11am to 8pm; take-away and outdoor seating; order by phone or online: 504-218-5213 or acornnola.com
If an attraction or facilities is not mentioned above it remains closed.
Events remain canceled until further notice.
Public bathrooms outside open facilities are closed.
New Orleans Museum of Art - Will open July 8th - contact NOMA with questions