Posted March 16, 2020 at 2:48 PM by Amanda Frentz
Please visit this link for updates on City Park events and attractions.
New Orleans City Park statement on COVID-19:
As more cases of the coronavirus disease are being identified in the Greater New Orleans area, New Orleans City Park is closely following the CDC recommended actions regarding the coronavirus and are implementing those appropriate to our situation. We ask New Orleans City Park guests to follow the guidance of The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends individual precautionary measures such as:
1. Stay home if you are sick. If you have flu- or cold-like symptoms, stay home to lower the chances of spreading the illness to others.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or face. Mucous membranes of the face-eyes, nose and mouth-are entry portals for many microbes, including coronavirus and the viruses that cause the common cold.
3. Cover your coughs and sneezes. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue, or cough or sneeze into your elbow. Throw used tissues away. Do not cough or sneeze directly into your hands, because you will spread the microbes from your hands to anything you touch.
4. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Or, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. It is especially important to wash your hands before and after touching your eyes, nose or mouth, after using the bathroom and before eating.
5. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces. Use a regular household cleaning spray or wipe. Frequently touched objects include keyboards, doorknobs and desks.