Posted April 14, 2021 at 11:03 AM by cduplechain
In City Park, every day is Earth Day. We have such admiration and appreciation for the beauty of the ancient live oaks, greenspace, and animals. Each visitor has a story or memory to share of their unique experience within our shared outdoor oasis. We are each a steward of nature and appreciate everyone who helps us keep the Park clean, healthy, and beautiful for future generations.
In addition to offering an array of recreation and cultural amenities, City Park is committed to preserving natural habitats and biodiversity in the Park. The Botanical Garden is home to more than 2,000 varieties of plants, the thirty-acre Couturie Forest has eight distinct ecosystems, Birder's World Magazine named City Park the best birding spot in New Orleans as 280 bird species have been sighted in the Park, and 819 species have been documented through the volunteer efforts of citizen scientists.
Celebrate Earth Day with us on Wednesday, April 21 in the New Orleans Botanical Garden from 5pm – 7:30pm. Admission is free for Louisiana residents.
Join Us For:
• Guidance on leading a more environmentally responsible lifestyle.
• Local businesses and non-profit organizations dedicated to environmental protection, improvement, and education.
- The Bug Lady - Linda Auld - Butterfly Garden
- City of New Orleans - Updates on the - Lakeview - City Park Hazard Mitigation Project
- Sewerage and Water Board Stormwater - Division Environmental Group
- Louisiana Master Naturalist of Greater New Orleans
- New Orleans City Park Green Initiatives
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- Home Compost Workshops by CompostNOW
In addition, our Evenings with Enrique event will be occurring in the Helis Foundation Enrique Alférez Sculpture GARDEN featuring live Latin music, as well as delicious food from Chef Pat White in our Outdoor Kitchen, with refreshing Garden Mojitos!
Sign up today for one of our Earth Day Activities: Compost with Confidence Earth Day Workshop