At more than 170 years old, New Orleans City Park is one of the country's oldest and most beautiful urban parks. The park encompasses 1,300 acres and offers something for everyone!
Let’s get physical!
* Miles of walking, jogging, and biking trails
* Two football stadiums
* 12 soccer fields, along with softball and baseball fields
* City Park / Pepsi Tennis Center with 26 hard and clay courts
* State-of-the-art outdoor exercise equipment
* Horse-riding lessons at Equest Farm
* 18-hole golf course and driving range
* Two all-weather running tracks for year-round meets
* City Putt features two 18-hole miniature golf courses
* Carousel Gardens, a turn-of-the-century Amusement Park, sports the only antique carousel in the state of Louisiana
* Storyland theme park with larger-than-life storybook sculptures
* Pedal boating in Big Lake
* The Botanical Garden covers 12 acres and is home to more than 2,000 varieties of plants
* The Museum of Art is one of the finest museums in the South; don’t miss the Besthoff Sculpture Garden
Special Events are Second Nature in New Orleans
* VooDoo Music Fest in the fall to Hogs for the Cause pork-a-palooza in the Spring, and countless festivals in between
Love is in the air
* More couples have tied the knot in City Park than anywhere else in New Orleans. From simple ceremonies in the Peristyle to more formal affairs in the Pavilion of the Two Sisters, or the Arbor Room at Popp Fountain, we have great venues to say your "I do's".
* The Park has the largest grove of mature live oaks in the world -- the oldest trees are 600-800 years old
* Escape the city without ever leaving in the 60-acres of Couturie Forest
A self-sustaining, entrepreneurial park
*New Orleans City Park is a 90/10 Park. Self-generated revenue makes up 90% of the $19.5 million annual operating budget.
City Park receives no general fund operating dollars from the city or the state.
The Park receives approximately $2 million each year from the state for operations. (1/2019)